2021 Program Updates
We remain dedicated to helping students understand one another through the exchange of art and ideas. We pledge to support all our educators worldwide by remaining flexible and adapting to the changing landscape they are facing.
ArtLink – ongoing enrollment
- Fee reduction
- Underwriting financial support available for USA classes, no fees for international classes
- Link to application
- Flexible program calendar
- Curriculum materials online
- Original student art pieces submitted digitally and exchanged digitally
- ArtLink Online – virtual workbook, forms and more for teacher and students
- Tutorials – ArtLink lessons and training
- Educator Zoom Calls for all ArtLink teachers worldwide to meet one another, to share and to learn from one another
- Virtual Professional Development opportunities
For more information, please contact Polly Loughran at email@example.com.
March 2021: Guatemala schools open. RainForest ArtLink program is running. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
February 2021: Guatemala is still contending with the pandemic. Schools remain closed, with the hope to reopen for partial hours in the near future.
November 18, 2020 Hurricane Update: Areas in Guatemala are still trying to recover from widespread devastation caused by hurricanes Eta and Iota.
Since March 16, partner teachers and students in Guatemala are out of school. Their art, created before March 13, 2020, is being held at the Education Ministry Regional Office. We are addressing the collection and delivery of these art pieces. It is uncertain when they will be reopening schools.
The health crisis is critical in northern Brazil especially in the Amazonia region where remote communities don’t have access to health systems. Schools are closed and our strategic partner (Goeldi Museum) has banned any travel into the region. There is no expected date for schools to reopen as yet.
For more information, please contact Miguel Barreto at email@example.com.
An online platform emphasizing global learning from home, designed for educators and students worldwide.
- Resources include:
- Lessons: Themed art-based lessons for students as they analyze original ArtLink pieces and answer questions
- “Meet the Artist” videos: ArtLink students from around the world share the stories behind their original art pieces
- “Spotlight On” videos: ArtLink students from around the world sharing moments in their lives
- Additional resources: curated links to supplementary materials
- Art from Home: a virtual art exhibit preview, Opening Up My Locked World – Student art from around the world during the pandemic