Proud Winner of 2015 CAEA Award
We are thrilled to announce Creative Connections has been selected by the Connecticut Art Education Association (CAEA) to receive the 2015 Scott Shuler Distinguished Art Advocate Award!
Scott Shuler Distinguished Art Advocate Award:
Recognizes outstanding achievement and contributions in art education advocacy by persons or organizations inside or outside the field of art education. Eligibility is open to any person or organization, which has demonstrated significant contribution to advancement of arts education.
CAEA is the state chapter of the National Arts Education Association.
The Objectives of the CÆA/NAEA Awards Program are:
- To recognize excellence in the state’s art educators;
- To focus professional attention on quality art education & exemplary art educators;
- To increase public awareness of the importance of quality art education for all of Connecticut’s children;
- To set standards for quality art education and how they can be achieved;
- To provide tangible recognition of achievement, earn respect of colleagues, and enhance professional opportunities for CÆA/NAEA members.
- To show our appreciation to individuals or organizations who have made outstanding contributions to art education.
This award is a shared recognition of the collective efforts of the Creative Connections team, the Board of Directors and Advisory Council, and the classroom teachers around the world who deliver our programs to their students.
Thank you to Le Ann Hinkle, a gifted and dedicated art educator and an ArtLink partner teacher from the Julian Curtiss School in Connecticut, USA for nominating Creative Connections to receive this honor.