Creative Connections is looking for quality dance, singing, instrumental music and theatre/drama youth groups from around the world, who would like to be selected for upcoming International Young Performers’ Tours
Successful applicants are given the opportunity, over a 10 -18 day USA tour, to share the richness of their dance, music, storytelling and culture with thousands of elementary, middle, and high schools students and teachers in New York and Connecticut. The groups give school performances and conduct classroom workshops at schools and art centers.
During the tour youth performers and two adult chaperones live with local families in their homes in Fairfield County, CT. Creative Connections provides air and land expenses, including medical insurance, for each member of the group.
Troupe members will be ambassadors for their country during their US tour. The International Young Performers’ Tour furthers Creative Connections‘ mission to connect young people in the US with their peers around the world to foster greater awareness, understanding and appreciation of one another’s cultures.
To view highlight videos of recent touring troupes, go to
- Quality of the performance – caliber of talent.
- Variety: a good mix of music, folk dance, storytelling.
- Stage impact – costumes, props, traditional instruments.
- Number, age and gender mix of the group. Previous troupes comprised six to eighteen youngsters, ages 8 -18, with an equal number of girls and boys.
- Communication skills of the youth. Articulate youngsters who can address issues relating to their cultural heritage. Some fluency in English, while not required, is helpful.
- A group that is willing to promote cultural understanding by interacting with, relating to, and learning from their young audiences.
To be considered for our 2017 and 2018 tours, please complete the application form and send it to us via Email along with the other requested info. The deadline for submission is September 12th, 2016.
We will carefully review the materials and will schedule a meeting via SKYPE with finalists. Accepted troupes will be notified by September 30th, 2016 and formally invited to be part of a future IYPT tour
Since 1999, Creative Connections has run tours featuring:
- Folk dancers from Russia
- Jazz musicians from Colombia
- A children’s choir from Nicaragua
- The Beijing Opera troupe from China
- Dancers and singers from Brazil
- Dancers, and drummers from Uganda
- Classical and folk dancers from India
- A Ceili band from Ireland
- Dancers from Cambodia
- A youth choir from Soweto, South Africa
International Young Performers’ Tour
*To be considered for our 2017 and 2018 tours, applications must be submitted by August 30th, 2016.